Thursday, November 20, 2008

Weather woes and Putting stretches

The weather isn't cooperating, yet... In the meantime, something to think about from about.com: Stretching exercises to do so that you can become a better putter by practicing longer. Lord knows I need both the better putting and the exercises to keep me from stiffening up after a surprisingly short time practicing with the short stick. The short article does make it sound like work and to date I keep away from the sore muscles by practicing for short periods several times a day - my living room putting green is very handy. Do like the back massage part of the routine - might try that. Might try each of them - I'm reminded of Sam Snead's very long and successful career and the fact that he was extremely limber well into old age (whatever that is!). So, go stretch, practice your putting, and then dream of hitting your approach shot close enough so that all you have left is a gimme putt.