Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bits and Pieces for a Sunday Morning

-Super Sunday!  Hurray!  Go Colts!  Colts favored by only 5?  Oh my.  Colts easily cover the spread.

-Indy sports fans having quite a weekend with Colts today and Danica yesterday - she finished 6th in her stock car debut.  Not a big racing fan (yet) though am warming to her more and more.  What's not to warm to?  I see she once did a Playboy photo shoot - or was it just an article?  with a few photos of her as the 'sexiest athlete'?

-Stricker sticking it to his fellow competitors out at Riviera.  Up by five going into the final round on the Big Boys Tour.  Switched over to the coverage after watching the completion of the NFL big game history show on CBS.

-On that big game history:  We were living out in Oakland when the AFL started up and became hugh Raider fans.  One of the more famous of the Raiders, for a variety of reasons, was Ben Davidson, the defensive end who brutalized quarterbacks for years.  And it was way more brutal way back then.  Looked like a gangland free for all in some of the clips they showed yesterday afternoon.

-Followed up all that bare knuckled stuff with the PGA tour where I heard Johnny Miller talk about the Tiger Woods and how he's hurt golf with his after-dark-away-from-home antics.  Did I really hear Johnny say that golfers don't do that sort of thing?  I'm not so sure about that, that I heard Johnny say it or even that golfers don't engage in such after golf high jinks.  Maybe, do you think, it's one of those things that we just don't hear about?

-Sunday Morning is on in the background as I write this.  Just had a segment on Charlie Chaplin.  Do you think he might have been the first Charlie Brown?  (Just finished a biography of Charles Schulz and his Peanuts gang - a goody.)

-Guess the Lions did not play last night - I did show up for the game - me and several others who didn't get the word.  Oh well - got me out of the house for a spell after dinner.

-Did I say Go Colts?