Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bits and Pieces

-Scramble at 10 this morning.

-Tiger stumbles in his third round - five bogeys, two birdies, plus three on his round and six back of the leader going into the final 18 holes.  Oh me oh my.  The old TW swing made its appearance with disastrous results.  Nice that there were no doubles in there.  How about a ten under to finish the tournament?  Oh - John Senden at -12 leads the Australian Open with Jason Day one back at -11.

-The 'old girl' shares the lead at the Lorena Ochoa Invitational.  Juli Inkster, the 50 something outstanding golfer and Anna Nordqvist are tied at -8 after 36 holes.  Michelle Wie lurks at -3 and in a tie for 7th.  Yani Tseng is nine back with a +1 - bet she considers herself still in contention; bet the other players do as well.  Wonder if Juli minds being referred to as the 'old girl'?  I don't mind being called one of the old guys around here but then there might be the gender thingee with some sort of impact.  But here, Juli speaks for herself (from the AP):

"No, it really doesn't (on becoming the oldest winner - by 5 years)," Inkster said. "I just have to win. If I'm the oldest, that's whatever. I know I'm the oldest, and everybody reminds me I'm the oldest, so it's just I'm just the oldest..."

Not 'old girl' but the oldest winner...

-Wonder how many people showed up at the Lion's girls' basketball scrimmage on Thursday night?  Wonder how they did?

-Did get out to the golf course yesterday afternoon and did play golf!  Two others were out there with me, Grant Mattingly and Phil Eyler.  A little cool and a little windy.  Nicer today and even nicer tomorrow.

p.s.  Go to bangkokbobby's Fairways and Forehands for photos of the Lorena Ochoa Invitational.  And go here for the Saturday Swing Tip, this one on getting more distance - it's a goodie.