Friday, December 30, 2011

Bits and Pieces

-The Irish go into the fourth quarter leading 14-3 and lose 18-14.  Dang.  ND qb's threw three interceptions, two of which were picked off in the end zone.  Big ouch.  Shouldn't have been a loss what with the Irish having the ball deep in Seminole territory with less than four minutes on the clock.  But then: Holding penalty and then a pick in the end zone.  So much for Irish football for the time being.

-The boys (Jack, Jack, Dick and Ken) were at the golf course today.  Saw them all par hole #15.  Jack Lents thought that was pretty special and wanted me to mention it.  He's right, btw.  Winter golf, sloppy conditions.  Good job, guys.  Btw 2:  Asked Ken Hudson if he was responsible for all this good weather.  He said yes...

-I did some practicing after finishing my walk.  Now you all know that I've been looking for that hole-in-one at #7 to get my trifecta at Lakeview (already have aces at #3 and #9).  Well, today I did get a ball to go into the hole from the tee box out there.  Only trouble was that it was my 9th ball.  Second time I've done that in a practice session, the first time being at hole #9 back in the mid 90's.

-Happy Birthday to Tiger Woods.  Today is his 36th.

-Barr-Reeve did beat North Daviess in the Graber Post Tournament last night.  Don't know the score.

-More golf weather today.