Thursday, October 30, 2008

Saturday Morning Scramble - Shamble - Golf Game: Time for change

In this season of change: It's been over a dozen years that I have been running a nine hole golf game on Saturday mornings and I think that is more than enough for any one person to be holding the baton. It has been a lot of fun playing with a multitude of players with all different levels of skill. Over the last several months, my own interests have changed and that has resulted in a change in the kind of golf games being organized on Saturday mornings. They, too, have been fun as well as challenging in different ways than the traditional scramble. But that has resulted in a mixed reaction from the Saturday morning participants. So, in order to make room for other enterprising individuals, and I know there are several out there, I am placing the baton on the podium to be picked up by whomever. I appreciate and am thankful for the many games that have been played all these Saturday mornings over the last dozen or so years, and , of course, for the many chances to share a few hours with a pretty good bunch of guys.