Monday, November 30, 2009

Bits and Pieces for a Monday Morning

-Hmmm.  I see John Daly and I (and lots others, I expect), are on the same page.  From espn.comhttp://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4699432:
"I don't really care what happened between Tiger and ... whatever happened. I'm just glad he's OK," said Daly, preparing for the Australian Open. "We need him, probably more than anybody on the tour, to keep things going, the way the economy is.
"Tiger's the biggest asset the tour's had in a long, long time," he said. "Whatever happened, as long as he's OK that's all that matters.
"Golf needs him badly ... no doubt."

- And here's a guy, from the NY Times, who thinks maybe Tiger's not coming clean will start a golf recession.  Oh my golly jees.

- The Houston Texans are gangbusters for the first half, the Indianapolis Colts gangbusters and a half for the second.  Colts win.  Bob Kravitz at the Indy Star sings their praises.  Any predictions for next week's tussle with the Titans and the revitalized Vince Young?

- Charlie Weiss still has his job but not for long, me thinks.  Expect I'm not alone there.

- Golf day today in southern Indiana?  Expect I'll try it though tomorrow looks much nicer.