Monday, January 2, 2012

Bits and Pieces

-My prediction status for 2012: zero and one.  Colts did not win the game yesterday (want you to know it really held my attention - closed my eyes at the start of the fourth quarter and woke when the two coaches were meeting in the middle of the field to wish each other a happy off season).  That makes me zero and two for the last week with the Irish bumbling their way to a loss in the Champs Bowl.  My predictions on next weekends NFL games coming up at the end of the week. 

-Guess we're going to have a bit of winter the next few days but looks like we get another chance to play golf this next weekend.  Gotta love this weather.

-Golf resolutions for 2012:
     -Stay healthy so I can continue to play.
     -Longer off the tee: put a little more turn and speed in my swing.  (That means staying flexible.  Could also get a longer stick...)
     -Play more and play better.  Played a lot in 2011 with partners in each of the three Lakeview  leagues.   Also had a rough beginning - way too many rounds five plus strokes above my handicap in the early months.  (That goes back to staying healthy as I suffered through a long bout with bronchial troubles last spring and even into the summer months.)

That's enough to think about for the moment.  Know that at least one golfer is working on his balance and using a Wii game to help.  One other thing:  The short game.  More practice, I guess, and maybe a helpful hint from the internet, or one of you guys, like the vid that showed Tiger holding his head still well after he putted that I posted a while back.  That helped me a bunch, continues to help.

-Going to throw another log on the fire and watch a movie with Diane.  Watched Big with Tom Hanks again last night.  Great fun.