Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bits and Pieces

-LPGA player Erica Blasberg found dead at her home in suburban Las Vagas.  That's not good - way to young to be dying.  Stephanie Wie has a write up here.

-Tiger talks for 25 minutes at a presser and his swing coach, Hank Haney, quits.  Just one more thing for TW to think about as he gets his life in order and rounds his game back into shape.  Jeesh.

-Mostly Harmless takes a swipe at the big news outfits for the lack of coverage of Morgan Pressel's win over in Ibaraki.  Couldn't agree more - we need to see much more coverage of women's golf as a world organization, not just the LPGA events here in the USA.  Of course, I don't mind getting my info from the blogging eforts such as Mostly Harmless and Wie Under Par.  Suits me just fine.  Would like to see much more tv coverage though.  Or even a stream on the internet.

-My golf babe of the day:  How about a cart girl of the month from Avid Golfer - Mimi Sisombath.  Can't say I've seen too many of these cart girls in our neck of the woods.  Not yet, anyway. 

On the local scene:

-Ken Wagler sank a 15-20 putt at #4 for an eagle on Sunday evening and then gave the two strokes right back at #5.  Think I heard his son Adam say that he finished the round with a par 35.  And that's not too shabby.

-Eric reported that the Four Horsemen were out there playing 18 holes yesterday morning.  Guess that would be Jack Lents, Ken Hudson, Jack Butcher and Dave Brown.

-Mark Sherer and his son, Jansen, were out Sunday evening.  Jansen and Lane Henrichsen, Walter's boy, should be stalwarts of the Loogootee golf team in a year or two.  Mark getting in some practice for tonight when he and I, along with the league challenge, start birdie-par-low putt-close-to-the-pin game of our own.

-My own personal goals for today are: Flatten my swing plane on my drive and get back to hitting that little draw; get the ball to the hole 100% on my putts - will be going for a mark some six to eight inches beyond the cup; take a couple of Mark's quarters.

-Tip for the day: Just relax and have some fun.