Monday, April 26, 2010

Bits and Pieces

-Yesterday's K of C scramble was postponed because of the rain.  Don Carrico and Ray Simmons did nine holes in spite of the dreary weather, something which stayed with us for the greater part of the day.

-Spent part of the afternoon eating donuts and drinking coffee up at The Donut Barn in Odon with Eric being the grand dispenser of the sugary goodies.  I'm way ahead on my doughnut allotment for the month, for the year, for my life.  Did get out to the golf course late in the afternoon for a walk around and some practice.  The rain was all but gone by then.

-On putting: Yes, still coming across the ball (Doug reminded me last Saturday).  Have decided to concentrate on getting the ball to the hole with a good clean hit and not worry so much about whether or not my swing is straight back, straight through.  Don't know if that makes sense or not. 

-Golf Babe: Mariana Macias.  Scroll down and you come upon Paula Creamer in a sun dress and sun shades and a great big smile.

-Caught a bit of the PGA play down in New Orleans but am having a hard time listening to Mr. goody two shoes Jim Nantz.  Might have to mute the sound and just watch the action when he's in the booth.  Maybe what he needs is a couple of beers and a round of golf out here on Tuesday night, or Thursday morning for that matter.  Would bring in a dozen or so guys with mics so he could get a full dose of small town chatter out on the links.  On second thought, if I had my druthers, let's just bring in Tiger Woods and John Daly for the day.  Wait a minute - need a foursome.  Add Christina Kim and Stephanie Wie to the mix.  Am sure the four would have a good old time and not be bothered by whatever was said.  Or done (?!).

-Did enjoy seeing Jeff Overton challenging and coming close and playing in the last group.

-Mostly Harmless is conjecturing on who is going to be the next #1 lady golfer.  Rolex Rankings has Jiyai Shin primed to take over the top spot.  Seems to me Suzann Petersen is playing awfully well these past few years.  My vote goes to Jiyai, my heart to Michelle Wie, who's ninth in the Rolex list and still not playing a full schedule.  Lots of good young players out there though.

-Next #1 on the Men's tour.  Le me see now.  Hmmm.  Let me come back to that in five, six or ten years.  Did I hear someone say fifteen?

-How about #1 at Lakeview?  Think about it.

-Tip for the day:  Grab a buddy or three and go swap some quarters.