Friday, September 4, 2009

Golfing Frineds in Red and White

Ron and Pam Wilde blew into town coming from Missouri and heading for Shoals and then Kentucky. While Pam kept herself busy back at the clubhouse, Ron and I went out and played a nine hole match game.

Here Ron is hitting into #6 in what turned out to be the critical stroke of the match. His ball just nipped a tree coming down and landed some 45 yards from the flag rather than on the green. He followed that with a chip and a two putt for a bogey. The match was all square through five holes, each of us winning a hole and losing a hole. My two putt par gave me #6 and we played even on the last three holes giving me the 1 up victory. You know I hated to do that, what with Ron being a guest and everything. Great to see an old golfing buddy. He'll be back for Thanksgiving. Expect he'll be wanting to come out and even the score for 2009.
Posted by Picasa