Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cut Putt

Scramble partner Mike Kidwell told me he had to look away when I putted during Saturday's scramble because I was consistently cutting across the ball, something he apparently did not want to see just before stepping up for his own putt.  That was disturbing news as I have been working on correcting that putt cut for some time.  Falling into bad habits.  Like the Tex-Mex, going to have to put a note in my pocket on things not only to keep in mind but also to practice when playing golf.  Note to self: When putting, draw an imaginary line that extends both to the hole - or spot adjacent to the hole on one of those curvy putts, and back behind the ball on which the club can track on the back swing.  Been practicing at home and am amazed how good my putting is when putting neath a string - nice straight to and fro swing of the club, nice straight roll of the ball.