Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Kay and Kim trading birdies, Shirley telling stories, Noah shooting a 40

Was walking around the golf course late yesterday afternoon and as I passed #7 green, Kim Jones told me Kay had just got herself a birdie and she got herself a par even. That's noteworthy. Continued on my walk (removing tee blocks for mowing the teeing areas and getting a bit of exercise at the same time) and by the time I got up to #9 again - the service building, Kim and Kay were putting down on #9 and I watched Kim roll in a beauty from just off the green about twenty-five feet all told. That would be a birdie and a round of 46; Kay finished with a bogey and a round of 47. Good ones for the dynamic duo. Diane Bird and Shirley Jeffers were also out there yesterday faring not so well possibly because Shirley had all these stories to tell of her trip (with Short) out to San Diego and the US Open. Tom Taylor, Richard Swayze and Noah Callahan also did Community League rounds, Noah coming in with a 40 as he continues his march to thirty something rounds.

Tuesday Boyz Club comes to Lakeview this morning. Eighteen hole scramble starting at 9 am. I'll be there.