Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bits and Pieces

-Old News:  Tiger Wins!  He didn't shoot the 'eight under and win by four' that I mentioned in an earlier blog, but he did fire a five under and finished with two birds on the final three holes to win by two.  Wonder what his thoughts were Saturday night with guys like Levin, Sabattini and Fowler in front of him?  Wonder what he thought he needed to shoot?  Very impressive. 

-Something not so impressive was my play in league yesterday.  After putting together a 34 Monday night - actually three under through seven and then the golf goddess served me some humble pie with a bogey-bogey close.  Felt pretty good coming out Tuesday morning even after opening with a double bogey.  But then the bad news kept on coming till I finished with another double bogey at the ninth to finish with a 44 (that would be a net 42 - yuck).  Golf goddess served up a huge portion of humble pie.  Enough already, gg.

-After mentioning that Leroy Streepy hasn't been seen for a while, Diane ran into him and wife Helen down in the Jasper Walmart (one of those common meeting places nowadays).  Says he gets into the Donut Barn every now and then.  That means he's spent more time there then on the golf course this year.  Hmm...

-Subs for Thursday League play.  Got the usual four to fill and know that Wayne Pearl will be down to take one of them.  Expect the still hot Dave Strange to take another.  That leaves two still open - Jordan Divine already told me he won't make it this week - he's off to the FBI (Farm Bureau Invitational).  Mike Breeden's going to that as well.  So, get the hankering and come out and pal around with us on a Thursday morning - we start at the usual 9am and the weather is going to be just about perfect.

-Anybody else out there having trouble viewing the league results?  Dave Strange suggests doing a Control F5.  Don't know if that's a problem on my end or on the viewer's end though everything seems to be working okay here.  At least for the time being.

-Summerfest Scramble Sunday at one.  Mike Arvin says they are about topped off for number of teams.  Contact him if you are interested in playing (295-3429).

-Think I'll go ask Diane if she wants to take me out for a birthday breakfast at The Lodge.  Seventy-two years young today.  Feeling pretty much like I did when I was fifty, maybe even forty.  Got a few fewer teeth and my hair's a different color and I guess the wrinkles keep multiplying and expanding.  Don't get all excited about things as I used to - find that's a blessing.  Kids are older - that's the big change.  But that's about it; expect I'll be around tomorrow and the next day and the day after. 

-Go golf!  It's good for you.