Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bits and Pieces

-How about a 15" cup rather than the traditional 4 1/4 one?  As reported by the Bleacher Report and golfdigest.com, the participants had a ball. 

-It's St. Pat's Day.  Big deal for you?  No big deal for me.  Of course, if I was observing a Lenten fast, might appreciate the lifting of restrictions on drinking and eating.

-2011 NCAA Tournament starts today.  Son Marty says Butler up today at 1pm.  They play Old Dominion and then probably Pittsburgh on Saturday.  Irish play Akron sometime - I know there's a schedule out there somewhere that shows the day and time of the games.  Okay, here's Thursday's schedule.  Guess the Irish play on Friday. 

-Question:  Are you rearranging your schedule so that you can watch as much of the tournament as possible? 

-The super golf weather might get in the way for some.  Yesterday's sun and light breeze and temperatures in the 60's did a lot to dry things out at Lakeview.  Even more today, I expect.  Eric came down and cut the tees; that helps. 

-Fighting a chest cold which is in it's 8th day.  Should be over by now.  Dragging me down, down, down.  Not enough to keep me from the golf course a bit later.