Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bits and Pieces

-Just heard that Payton Manning celebrates his 39th birthday today.  Holy Cow!  Time to get that second ring, #18.

-Here's a major golfing achievement attained by one of our own:  Frank Fee went birdie-bogey for the first six holes and then par for the final three to get his very first par round.  This happened sometime last week, Frank knows the exact date, and I've been meaning to post it now for several days.  Am surprised that the 'first par' doesn't get more attention and recognition in the golfing world.  It sure is huge and I remember mine well, not the date but rather the circumstances.  Like Frank's, it came well after my 50th birthday as I was late discovering the joys of golf.  And, indeed, it was a very sweet moment.

-The big boys are started down at Bay Hill.  Big girls pretty soon out in LA.  Be a good day to sit and watch them what with clouds and temps hovering around 40.  That's a brr after our 70's.

-Guess there will be a few people watching basketball tonight.  The big dance continues.  Expect I'll watch some.  Like the Butler-Wisconsin game.  Picked the Badgers but my heart's with the Dogs.  (Just noticed that my guessing rank of 2049 is better than 94% of those making picks.  Sounds impressive.)

-Time for breakfast with Diane on a cool morning in southern Indiana.